Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pinoy Champ


I had the liberty to rub elbows with the champ and other celebreties at his last fight in the US. If you don't know who I am talking about, you are neither a boxing fan nor Filipino:-)


Manny Pacman Pacquiao once again showed his skills by knocking out the undefeated Mexican fighter Solis in the 8th round. His punches were too powerful and fast to handle. All the famous Filipino fighers were also at the fight along with the very pretty actress Geneva Cruz who sang the Philippine National Anthem.


It was electrifying indeed during the fight. We also had connection to go to his hotel room and spent a few hours after the fight. There were problably 30 people (in and out) at that room from midnight to around 4 AM. We also heard the Sunday mass at that room as a thanksgiving service for both Pacquiao and Bernabe (a boxer from Catanduanes).





Enjoy.

1 comment:

merjoem32 said...

Wow. I really wish I could meet the future Pinoy boxing legend in person. He has brought a lot of pride to our country. I hope he contuses to succeed in his future fights.